The mission the GCCS School Counseling Department is to support the overall mission of Global Concepts Charter School, which is…“to provide a top-quality educational program wherein students:
- achieve high academic results;
- are geared toward higher education and career opportunities;
- become responsible, caring family and community members;
- are highly knowledgeable of the multicultural world they are part of;
- and possess and possess the qualities and problem solving skills to collaborate peacefully in the community and worldwide.”
We will accomplish this by providing a collaborative K-12 school counseling program, according to the National Standards established by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). This data informed program will deliver a comprehensive K-12 core curriculum, intentional guidance services, and supplemental activities to every student, in a structured, nurturing, and engaging environment that facilitates confidence to overcome challenges and pursue goals.